AKOFS Offshore has the competence and equipment needed to provide superior deep-water oilfield engineering solutions to oil and gas producers and subsea service providers around the globe. With an experienced team with world class competency, we are ready to take on any challenge.
Together with well-equipped vessels and state-of-art equipment we are well placed to work on deep water around the world. The Engineering team has a long track record on providing remarkable advances to the market, e.g.
• Introducing the SESV vessels for Petrobras (start contract 2010), including
- Application of unique fibre rope deployment system
- Application of subsea orientation and control system for installation of XMT
• Groundbreaking Cat B Project, a riser-based semisubmersible for well intervention, including through tubing rotary drilling (2012 – although not realized)
• First ever deepwater riser based well intervention from a monohull vessel, using AKOFS Seafarer in 2013 (Angola, vessel named Skandi Aker at that time)
• Heavylift solutions using fibre rope in 2-fall, with capacity unaffected of water depth due to a neutrally buoyant rope (2018), capacity ~ 300 tonnes at 3000m water depth
• First full year LWI operation in harsh weather with AKOFS Seafarer in operation for Equinor (2020)